Friday, April 18, 2008

Week 4 RSS Feeds and Blogs

I am many weeks behind due to holidays and a busy work time. I had a week off in March and lost the plot in regards to doing this weekly. Like many other people I am finding it takes a lot more then 15 minutes a day to get this done.



Week 4 have been interesting. The youtube clip was informative and easy to understand. It made the good point of instead of the user going to a site to see if information of interest has been added, with an RSS feed the information is waiting for you.



While searching for blogs I have found a couple of interesting Children's Literature Blogs.



The Children's Literature Web Blog http://www.childlitbookclub.blogspot.com/ which is put together by an American Librarian has given me an insight into a books that we don't see here in Australia. While I am for promoting Australian authors and Australian stories I do like to find books from other countries and new authors.



The ACHOCKABLOG http://www.achuka.co.uk/achockablog/ is by the editor of the UK magazine ACHOCKA. It is a literature based blog with lot of catergories from Awards, Manga to what is happening in Australiasia. The site has a very comprehensive archive list as well and will appeal to anyone with an interest in childrens literature.

Obviously I still have lots to learn I have posted an RSS feed to my blog but instead of it being with my week four entry it is at the bottom of the blog. But at least it is a start.

No comments: